Friday, December 18, 2009

Dumb People!

So this morning Dave was packing up some stuff for his lunch and he says to me... "Did you know that Wheat Thins contain Wheat?" I was thinking ok, does he really think i am this dumb? Than he showed that it said that on the box. Are there really that many dumb people out there? I know it's always one person that ruins it for everyone but really? They must have to put it on there for liability reasons, like the same reason everything has to have the Nutritional Facts on it now.
Years ago I got this forward and I shared it with Dave this morning, gotta share it with you all too. You've probably heard this already, but I still laugh when I read it even after all these years.
Human Stupidity
On a Sear's hair dryer:
"Do Not Use While Sleeping:
(I can't tell you how many times I've waken up and caught myself sleep-styling!!!)
On a bag of Fritos:
"You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside."
(Evidentally, the shoplifter special) Ok this is said on a lot of stuff, really I don't get it!
On a bar of dial soap:
"Directions: Use like regular soap."
(and that would be how...???)
On some Swanson frozen dinners:
"Serving suggestions: Defrost."
(But it's just a suggestion)
On Tesco's Tiramisu desert:
(printed on bottom of box)
"Do not turn upside down."
(ooops, too late)
On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
"Product will be hot after heating"
(As night follows the day...)
On packaging for Rowenta Iron:
"Do not iron clothes on body."
(But wouldn't this save more time?)
On Boot's Children's Cough Medicine:
"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication"
(we could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year olds with head colds off those forklifts)
On Nytol Sleep Aide:
"Warning: May Cause drowsiness"
(Hello???)
On most brands of Christmas lights:
"For indoor or outdoor use only"
(as opposed to what?)
that't a valid question... honestly there is not another option...
On a Japanese food processor:
"Not to be used for the other use"
(I gotta admit, I'm curious...)
what do they know that we don't?
On Sainsbury's Peanuts:
"Warning: Contains nuts"
(*** NEWS FLASH***)
On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
"Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts
(step 3 fly delta)
On a child's superman costume:
"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly"
(I don't blame the company, I blame the parents for this one)
On a Swedish chain saw:
"Do not attempt to stop chain w/ your hands"
(Was there a chance of this happening somewhere?)
On a bottle of Palmolive Dish Washing liquid:
"Do not use on food"
(Hey Mom, we're out of syrup! It's ok honey, just grab the palmolive)
On an automobile cardboard windshield sun visor:
"Remove visor before driving vehicle"
(You mean you can't see with the visor in the windshield?)
I know we see this crap on a lot of stuff but the funniest part about this email was the stuff the guy ad libbed. I added what I thought of some stuff too... My favorites were the palmolive, the superman costume, and the iron... I hope they made your day!

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Andy says: Sara, you're not supposed to really be trying to make sense of those directions. It's just class-action legal words that companies have to use to keep slip-and-fall lawyers out of their hair.

shelly said...

i like the palmolive. was just about to take a swig when i came across this post

Sara said...

can I just say that it totally didn't look all messy like that when I typed it out... why does blogspot do that?

Anonymous said...

these are funny...i think i have gotten that e-mail at some point or another. and whats with pepole paking over the lines when there is no snow on the ground? do they think b/c it's cold that they need 2 parking spots? drives me crazy.