Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We have a 5 year old!


So June 18, a day I will always remember... and I can't believe it's been 5 years... I know in September when I take her to kindergarten for her first day, I am going to be sad, and happy, but I just feel old, and that I am really growing up, I really need to enjoy each day more because my kids will never be this little again... it's really sad... 

Well, Sunday night I put her gifts out on the counter so that she could get excited about having a party the next day... than as tradition has it in our family the next morning after we were all up Sami opened 2 of her 5 gifts from us... She got some letters and numbers for the bath tub, she had some when she was younger but we threw them away they got all gross... 
And she got a Little mermaid bath set... she hasn't realized it can go in the tub yet, so that's kind of nice... 
 Over this last week we have been working on the piñata.... and hadn't finished the outside yet so I put the girls to work while I got stuff ready for the party and had them paint the piñata... Dave asked if it was a globe it was supposed to be a fish but hey... it didn't matter they had fun! 

After frosting her cake ...it's a double layer and than I used the Littler Mermaid toys she got to decorate the cake... including the paper that came in the container... pretty easy... i got the idea off Pinterest... and using nerds... there is nerds in the cake mix as well, and I made cup cakes for the kids to eat and they had nerds too... i prepared for adults to stay.... but none did... 
I hadn't expected it to be rainy and stormy outside so all the running around I thought they would do outside didn't happen and so i had to spur of the moment come up with activities. First they played match the Disney Princesses with a Memory match game, and than Twister... 
The last activity included one of Sami's presents so we opened those next... she got some great stuff from her friends... 
We gave her a set of Brave figures and a set of golf clubs and a little doll house I made... 
 Such a cutie... he was being so good... 
 since we had no where to hang the piñata inside we just hit it around with golf clubs... the kids didn't mind it didn't set up well and so it was already broken... 
 Than we had a picnic on the kitchen floor while they ate there cupcakes, ice cream, juice boxes and a tootsie roll sucker... 
 Alanna and Amelia... 



 Sami and April... they are showing off Sami's dress up shoes she got from Alanna and they are showing off the necklaces I made them all... another idea off Pinterest... using my cricut and straws... 

 The birthday girl with her new Merida Brave doll, and her clip on clothes which I have decided suck! 
 You can't see the banner very well... but it say's "It's a Little Mermaid Party" I used my Little Mermaid cricut cartridge for the cut outs... 

 The after math of the party haven't had the energy to clean up yet, but you can kind of see the doll house I made her... i will post better pictures of it later I have two more that I didn't get completely finished... she seems to like it though so it was a success... After the party was over I crashed in bed for a couple hours than woke up craving McDonalds, Dave didn't go for it though... maybe tonight.. having him home more this summer is going to be a huge adjustment he has been so busy with school that not being busy and having deadlines is driving him crazy... not to mention me as well... we are going to Kennewick tomorrow for a couple days so hopefully that will be good for him rather than make it worse... he is such a home body! 
I will post Father's Day stuff later... it wasn't a huge deal! Dave was not in a picture mood that day! 









1 comment:

NaDell said...

Looks like a fun party! I'm glad you were able to handle so many little guests. I'm surprised no one stayed to help you!
I have seen that cute little house and thought it was cute. I can't wait to see how you've changed it up.
Great decorations and cake and cute little girl! Happy birthday, Sami!