Thursday, October 22, 2009

100th Post!

Ok so I have seen everyone else celebrate there 100th post... I kept making sure I wasn't going to miss it, wouldn't that have been funny!
I have the best thing to post about today being my 100th post and all it just fits, and I didn't even plan it this way.
So... since me and Dave have been married we have both gained over 50 pounds each. All my gain was with my 2 pregnancy's. I didn't gain 50 with each one just 30 but i started at different weights... of course weighed less about 125 when I got prego with Sami got up to 155 and before I got prego with Daphne i had only gotten down to 140 so than I got up to 170 with her and than am now down to 150. My goal is to loose at least 25-30 pounds... I would be happy just losing 20... but we will see how that all goes.
Dave when we started dating weighed like 175 and now weighs over 200 pounds. He used to wear medium shirts and now wears XL. He was a good husband and gained weight with me. The 175 was like stick skinny it was like hugging a sack of bones.. but he would like to loose at least 15 pounds so he wouldn't quite be back down to the tiny boy he once was.
Ok now after the long intro... we are starting a diet. We are being safe, and me of course I am nursing so I am taking the precautions as to not mess that up. We are eating 6 meals a day, which most weight loss diets they do it that way, and counting our calories until we can figure out how much everything is. This is the first time I have ever dieted and so it's exciting. We are both discouraged about our weight and so we decided to do it together. I know I just had a baby... and it takes time but even after Sami and exercisng 4-5 days a week for 20-30 min doing hard core, tae bo and pilates I didn't loose more than a couple of pounds and Dave says it has to do with what I was eating and when. So we are going for it. We will have one splurge day a week and since we have holidays coming up we will try and plan accordingly or take an extra splurge day. It'll be great. I am excited to see how it goes. Yes I am doing things I wouldn't really want to do, i am drinking Diet pop... yuck but hey i have lost 5 pounds in water weight this past week just doing that... so yeah... it's incredible... it's day 1 though so I won't be too energetic about it... give me a couple of weeks than i will tell you how I feel.
We got on this website and figured out our caloric in take according to our weight and height and Dave is supposed to eat 350 calories a meal... so times 6 and me well I'd normally be 1500 a day, but since I am nursing they say add an extra 500 calories and so I am eating 300 calories a meal... which is more than you think it is...
I'll be taking some pictures of us along the way so you can see if we are sticking to our goals... I look forward to it!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good luck! I'm right there with you with 25 pounds to go. I like the once a week splurge idea. That way you don't feel too restricted.