Thursday, December 11, 2008

The calm before the storm

I know right now my title doesn't make a lot of sense but it will after this weekend... and next and well the rest of the month we have so much going on it is crazy and it just seems to not slow down, but believe me I LOVE IT!!! I enjoy being busy with seasonal craziness. 
Here is our agenda:
Thursday 11 (today) 
Dave finished his finals YEAH no school for him until January, I don't know what I am going to do with him being home all the time, I got used to him being gone M-TH night 5-7:30 and picking him up at 4:15 so hmm... it will be fun I am excited of course to have my husband home more. 
Friday 12
Rachel is coming over and we are making gifts for the sisters we visit teach, and usually when she comes over, she is over for the afternoon, which of course I love because it gives her son Kyler who is only a month older than Sami, well it gives them the chance to play and learn from each other. 
Fri nite we have our Ward Christmas party and it starts around 6:30 for those who want to see Santa and of course we want to see santa whoo hoo!
Saturday 13 
We get to go to Tim and his new wife Deona's reception and of course we always love those, and we haven't seen them since there wedding day and that was amazing and they are so cute together, I am so excited for Tim that he has such a great girl!
Monday 15
I have piano lessons of course, Dave has the day off from work and class (of course) and than Jeff, (Dave's dad) is coming into town to visit before he takes off for back east to see his wife. 
Tuesday 16 
We are hanging out with the Doss's my sis - n-law and helping them hook up there modem. Not much fun, but still anything to get us out of the house we enjoy. 
M-F in spare time will be visiting teaching, and getting everything ready (helping my mom) for the piano recital which is 
Saturday 20 from 10:30 to 12 or when it's over
I am so excited for this, and I bought my self a new skirt tonight to celebrate. Well more on that later, but my three students Rilee, Heath and Troy are going to be playing. Rilee is playing "Deck the Halls", Troy is playing "Go Tell it on the Mountain" and Heath is playing "We three Kings" they are amazing. Heath and Troy just turned 6 on the 3rd or 5th I forget (there twins), and Rilee is still 5.
 Rilee was my first student, I posted an add on Craig's List and her mother found it and Rilee started mid-summer or so. Than she told the boy's mom who is there friend and they started in September. So its been great. I have another little guy who will be starting once the year starts and things settle from his new baby sister. I am so excited. And with Dave only being gone Mon and Wed nights I can hopefully teach one more... I love teaching piano and it has improved my playing as well. I am more into the dynamic's than I was and having to think about things when I explain it to them. I LOVE IT!!! I will most likely be posting pic after the recital so you can see how cute my students are. I am so proud of them, they are going to do amazing. 
Sat nite 
a graduation party for one of Dave's other friends Ryan which of course will be fun, it is always fun hanging out with that group. 
  
As you can see this is a pie plate, and it's up to you to decide whether that is a cherry or a apple on top. It looks like a apple with cherry leaves. It is pretty retro, but so is my kitchen kind of. We had this awesome potluck luncheon in our ward this past week for the sisters. And we have one every month (well since I have been here) and this one they had us do an white elephant gift exchange of holiday deco or ornaments. I was the 10th person and no one had opened this one yet, I think they were all shy because it was the biggest one. I loved it immediately and just told everyone it was a cherry on top and I have cherry's in my kitchen. Than well the next gal took it... well I ended up taking home a christmas banner which is really retro too, but so cool, but than the lady that got this eventually she decided to give it to me because I guess she didn't really want it.. she was just playing the game. I don't know but I now have two gifts and I will be giving the banner to someone else, the sister's in this ward are so nice, and most of them live in the nice houses behind and around the temple.... so jealous! This is Dave and Sami chilling out, Dave is watching something. He had just gotten home from class and was spending time with Sami before he changed. While I was cooking soup. And yes she is trying to drink a "cold one". You know that saying "avoid the appearances of evil" well I will admit we are really bad in a way about that. Me and Dave drink pop usually the off brand at Wal Mart I drink diet Dr. Thunder and he drinks the Diet caff free cola.... well he always drinks his so fast and we have a rule that our 12 pack has to hold us off for a week, well he supplements with this two liter... and Sami will eventually get the cap off some day, but for now, she enjoys pretending I guess. I have empty pop/water bottles in our messy car, and that is one of the things I give her to keep her momentarily happy while driving around, she gets such a kick out of it. Every so often if it's juice or something I will leave like a swallow in the bottle to give her a thrill.... she loves it. (I sound like a mean parent, but I guess you'd have to be there to really understand that I'm not, she enjoys the plastic noise her teeth make when it crunches).
Oh in reference to the "Cold One" and appearances of evil that I mentioned. Whenever one of us is getting a pop out of the fridge the other will ask can you get me a cold one.... and we think it's funny because if someone came over and didn't know us and know we were talking about pop they would probably think we were drinking beer because on tv that is sometimes how they refer to beer. Sorry I know hard to explain but it's our joke... 
I hope that wasn't too boring or overwhelming but I use this more for myself than for any one else's enjoyment. 
Oh I almost forgot my new skirt.... so I am not a big Sunday clothes buyer, and well I don't usually spend more than about $10 on clothes... the last time I spent more than that was $20 on a pair of pants... so I am cheap, and so most of my clothes are cheap Ross skirts. Well I got these new sunday shoes and they are so cute... they are high heels, which I never usually wear, but since I am 28 I need to start, and well.... my feet aren't growing so I can wear them for a while. I wanted to find a new outfit to wear Christmas Sunday and for my piano recital, so I wanted a skirt that was brown or with brown in it but preferably brown because I love brown pants and stuff because they go with everything. Well I found the perfect brown cord skirt at Old Navy and after tax it was $28.50.... but I got it a size bigger just in case, and well it's hott... my husband agrees.... I am so excited I have already tried it on twice since I got home around 8 and it's only 11... I am crazy.... but I get such a thrill about new clothes it just makes my day. 
Have fun reading my book! 

1 comment:

NaDell said...

What do you do with the giant pie plate? Do you put a pie inside or is it just a decoration?

Andy calls pop cold ones too. I wonder where you both learned that one?...

Can't wait to see your cute new outfit. You always look nice though, even if you don't spend a lot!