Sami, Sami, Sami... what a girl... Somedays she makes it easy, other's are much harder.
She claims her boots are slippery on the snow and so she likes to fall down and walk super slow... it's funny and I just laugh and play along with her, her sister has the same boots and walks just fine.
For Christmas we made necklaces with some beads I bought... she did a really good job, but than forgot that it wasn't tied and picked it up, I helped her make another one and she wore it quite a bit. She is a hard worker and always ready to do what is expected of her whether or not she wants to. She loves to do Activities and I enjoy working with her on reading, and writing and learning the ways of the world. The girls are currently doing chores and helping around the house to earn pennies to add to there Disneyland jars... we aren't going until March of 2014 when my dad retires, so they've got plenty of time to earn enough to pay for there own souveniers... at 5 cents a chore... they'll get there... it will be a better experience for them if they spend there own money... just something to make it more fun.
Sami can be a real goof sometimes... she forgets she is 5 and acts up. She is learning what is right and wrong, and the correct behavior and wrong behavior and when to yell at her parents and when not to. She got this hat from her grandma barb for Christmas and lost it in a store shortly after. I left our information with the store and thank goodness it turned up, she was pretty upset that she had lost it.
She is turning into a perfectionist which is hard because I don't consider mine one... if you think I am you obviously don't know me and Dave is not one either... She got this pony castle for christmas... she had been asking for it for months and than as things do it wouldn't stay together and so she refused to play with it. I started gathering up all the pieces and got some E6000 and glued the whole dang thing together... it is still missing one small piece that you can't even tell... but she wouldn't play with it. I told her I was going to give it away to the neighbor girl and she started playing with it again. She covers the entire table with pony land... I consider myself a considerate mom and allow her to cover the table as she pleases... a girls got to have a place to play with her ponies. She has realized that she has to clean it off for meals, and share when Daphne wants to sit and play with something, but all in all she is learning to how to understand. This last week I was at a thrift store and found a huge pony that was 8 1/2 in tall and so I got it for her for $2. i came home and me and Daphne cleaned it up and combed it's hair so when I picked her up from school it would be ready. She loves it. She is so funny it has become out little thing together. All the ponies are named and so I get on line and look up the random ponies, (so many I have bought at thrift stores) and figure out there names. I had them all written down on a piece of paper but decided to just write them on the ponies so I wouldn't have to keep grabbing the paper. She has about 20 ponies all names memorized. She is so smart. I enjoy it because I get to fix there hair... I get the little plastic comb and comb there hair out all pretty than braid the mane... she could care less but when there hair is messy she lets me know and I get to work fixing the problem.
I can't believe how fast this girl is growing up. She is a CTR 5 now and loves primary. She has all boys in her class and gets along pretty well with most of them. She is pretty funny and says she is marrying one of the boys who is also in her class at school. I try and stay out of her school life as much as possible or else I think I am overbearing. She is in the process of reading to earn a ticket to Silverwood for this summer, so we just might have to go.
I love my Sami and she loves me... we have a great time together despite our differences... as long as she understands the process she is ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment