Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Daphne turns 2!

Daphne turned 2 on September 23, but soon after all the fun was done I started in with the morning sickness... so needless to say... I am behind!
On the morning of her birthday we had her unwrap her presents. She got a leap frog phone and a mickey plush from grandma and grandma Ransom
And a set of Toy Story 3 figures since she loves that movie so much. We also gave her some books and a baby Cinderella doll.
That afternoon we invited some of Daphne's nursery buddies to the park to have cupcakes. Since most of Sami's friends have siblings Daphne's age, they came too so it was a lot of fun!
Getting pictures of her is hard because she doesn't stop.
It was a Toy Story Themed party... (or attempted)
Cupcake tower
Alien's as the party favor...
Sami being a good big sister watching the balloons making sure they don't fly away
Everyone got a cupcake, than the birthday girl disappeared...
she got pretty comfy with this tree and enjoyed hanging out...
I think it was because she had pooped her pants and her forgetful mother packed everything but a diaper and wipes...
Can you see her? Dave kept an eye on her while I talked with our guests.
She had a great birthday... can't believe she is already two... yeah... let the years come!
She is our little rascal, no fear, and always getting in to everything she isn't supposed to.
The 2nd weekend in October we went to Grandma Ransom's to have the Ransom Made Event and the girls came with mom while Dad stayed home and worked. Daphne learned how to crawl out of her crib before we left home and wouldn't stay in the pop up crib and so she slept with mom, or on the bottom bunk. (mom didn't sleep very well) When we got home we gave up trying to get her to stay in her crib it was a waste and just took apart the crib and set up the bottom bunk for her and the top bunk for her sister. She sleeps pretty good, I am surprised at how well she does. We put her on the bed, with the child guard up and she stays in, she is a good little sleeper and loves to get under the covers and snuggle with this horse in the picture. This girl is obsessed with horses, I had never been a fan or horses, sure I like riding them, but she loves all horses, and puppies. She is a riot and I look forward, (of course) to the next years to see how she changes and develops.
She got a box of hand me down clothes from my sister Cindy, and well they were from Cindy's youngest and well they were nicer brand than we buy and Daphne gets so excited to get dressed, she loves shoes and being pretty. She won't keep a hair clip in worth a darn, but she loves to be pretty! I love her and if this baby is a girl, than yeah, bring her on... I am set and ready to see how much different she will be from her big crazy sisters!

2 comments:

shelly said...

Happy Birthday Daphne! I'll think of her every year because she shares my dad's b-day =) Anyway, cute party theme and good effort mom! Avery's b-day is tomorrow and I didn't even plan a party aside from her family (and I don't even have a pregnancy to slow me down!). Anyway, I'm impressed. I love her eyes and I love how she sat by the tree to enjoy her spoils =)

Chantalle R. said...

Happy Birthday Daphne!!!!! Jacks birthday is this Sunday. Boy it goes by fast.