
So far this month has gone well... I guess so well in fact I didn't realize til quite lately it is over. I guess I was just zoned out since most of this month I was on the couch trying to not be sick everywhere and to keep my sanity in realizing I wasn't the hero mama I dream to be. Having morning sickness is not just about being sick and having to eat constantly it's about being completely exhausted and wanting to do everything but having only enough energy to do one major thing that day... so I am not sad to see October go, I am almost to my 2nd trimester which is my favorite and so I will regain some energy and get my life back in order and my house... it is suffering in deed.

Saturday I went out to take the trash and almost stepped on a packaged that our mail man left on our door step it was a package from grandma Barb in it where these adorable Halloween shirts and ...

this dangly spider. Sami loves the spider she showed us about every few hours the dangly spider... even though we had already seen it she still had to point it out... I love that she is into decorating because it just means I am wearing off on her.

We didn't get dressed in our costumes until about 4pm on Halloween night. I pulled out of the closet the girls brand new princess tutu dresses that our great friend Siena made for us...

Sami was princess Ariel after she lost her legs in the pink and white dress and of course the red wig...


Daphne was Princess Belle in the gold dress... she didn't keep the wig on... but she loved her dress as much as her sister loved hers.

I got really cheap with me and Dave's costumes... he wore sweats tucked into his socks, brown boots, a white t-shirt inside out, and a brown felt vest I made for him out of felt, staples and ribbon... his costume was identifiable by the green makeup and green ears... he was SHREK!!! "I'm an Ogre... ROAAARRRR"

I was of course Princess Fiona. I bought this medieval dress at Value Village for $3 and it definitely showed off the prego bump... of course topped off with a green face and green ears and a gold hair thing that I tried to make look like a crown. Everyone thought I was the bride of Frankenstein... oh come on...
We left the house around 5 and headed to the drive thru at McD's... (I was hungry) than I tried not to barf as we drove and ate and arrived at the church incredibly early. We were told the candy goes fast and so show up early. Of course the year we come and are told of years past it is nothing like that and we were there until 7:30 with people still handing out candy. It was the most organized Trunk-or-Treat I have ever attended. They said a opening prayer, and than told the kids what direction to go in. The Young Women in my ward didn't like me much I wouldn't give them any candy... if you are 12 you are too old to go Trick-or-treating... so grow up!!!
One of these years we will get brave and actually take the kids door to door trick or treating but it helped that it fell on a week day and so did the trunk-or-treat. We got home watched Shrek Halloween and than the girls went to bed. I veged on the couch trying to digest the candy I gulped down while I watched "Killers" a violent but silly movie staring Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher. I don't like him but as an actor he is pretty good... and Hott!
4 comments:
lol, I miss you Sara, you crack me up. :) I'm glad you had a nice Halloween!!
So cute and fun! Glad you had a happy Halloween! I like your Shrek costumes.
I watched The Killers. I thought it was done pretty well.
Good for you for not giving candy to the 12 year olds. It's their job to be giving out the candy to kids. We decided that next year we are going to have some candy special just for them and it's going to be those gross black and orange taffy candies.
Cute costumes! I love the Fiona, I can't believe some people didn't get it. And your girls are adorable, as usual. Love the dresses!
I knew immediately who you were. I am so surprised that some thought you were the bride of Frankenstein! Great job on the costumes. Sure do miss you guys!
Post a Comment