I have been searching high and low for something for Sami to store her Christmas gifts in, and today I finally consented... and bought this, fun plastic drawers, for $20 on sale at Target, of course, I couldn't just let it be I had to fancy it up a bit. It's amazing what a little, mod podge, stickers, scrapbook paper, and vinyl can do... I put her new doll furniture in the drawers and wrapped it up... that will be the last thing she opens Christmas morning. SO excited!
Our first official Christmas party was tonight. Dave had his last final this morning and so he had to work tonight and so I flew solo at the ward Christmas Party. They always serve the best food and so I wasn't going to miss it. Of course we had to visit Santa... Daphne, isn't as scared of strangers as Sami is, as soon as Sami saw Santa she clung to me so bad. So I picked her up, and than put Daphne on Santa's lap... it must have been that fact that she couldn't see me or the beard, but this is how our picture turned out.... awwww what can you do?
My biggest thrill of the day was a friend of mine was going to lend me some quilting frames and just gave them to me i guess, well they are awesome, and they take apart and fit right back into this box. I had to finish these awesome quilts for the girls for Christmas, and I did it! They look great. I sewed the blocks together, than, tied the ties, than for my first time ever I sewed the binding... I am so proud of myself, they are a little crazy and uneven, but the girls won't mind and I am so proud of myself.
Sami, of course Ariel from Little Mermaid, She picked out the tie colors, purple and blue..
Daphne picked out a Minnie Mouse doll for her birthday and so I just dragged it out... hers was tied in dark pink and dark purple... I am so happy, I also found them $4 pjs at Walmart, Sami, Mermaid, and Daphne minnie Mouse.... I couldn't have planned that any better!
Well... keep checking my blog out because I have also been busy re-decorating... I have started with some little things but starting in January I am re-finishing some furniture, getting a new couch and just re-decorating my whole place... I am stoked... oh and we also got a new vaccum and it is awesome... I am in love! I never would have thought that furniture and appliances etc, would be something I wanted so badly... I am getting pots and pans for Christmas... ahh my house is going to look so great!
3 comments:
I love the storage container and quilts. She'll love it! I'm glad you're excited about decorating and am anxious to see it all done. Happy Holidays!!
Isn't it funny when a vacuum is exciting? I remember the first time I felt that way and I laughed at myself! Love the doll drawers ~ very clever!!!
You are amazing SUPER MOM! Everything looks wonderful Sara! It feels so good to get things accomplished... I am right there with ya on that. You, Dave and the girls have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Much love- Ashley O*
Post a Comment