Last week we ran out of diapers and just had a few left and so we told Sami it was time to start using the potty. We've had special big girl panties for awhile and she never was quite swayed by them but... what?... 6th times the charm.
What it really boils down to is... bribery. If she wants to watch Dora, or a movie, or have a piece of candy or an Oreo... gotta go sit on the potty. In the last week and a half she has gone from sitting on the potty and peeing in her panties, to sitting on the potty and keeping her panties dry. I am really impressed by her, and she has started to change in other ways. Depending on the time of the day if she is disappointed by something I say she usually just deals with it, instead of breaks down into a all out tantrum. There are of course still those moments but they are fewer and I chalk it all up to the mature girl she is becoming through potty training.
I am so proud of her lately... I would have shown a picture, which I will try and post later since when i went to go take the picture my camera was dead.... but, at Wal-mart they have these game sets. They have them in the toy section on the last isle, you have to search, but they are character sets of games and such, just $2.00. Last week we got a Toy Story one and it had a puzzle, a card game and a Bingo game with Toy Story characters on them and they are 3 + and so they are perfect for pre-schoolers. This week we got a princess one. It came with a puzzle and bingo and a memory card game. So that has been fun. She has been obsessed with a Mermaid puzzle that was 24 pieces and so it was easier to put together, but this new puzzle is 48 pieces and she is so good. She starts with Ariel first and than works around to the other princesses. I love puzzles and so I am glad that has passed onto her, it is so awesome. I will be honest when we first got it, I put it together first... I was so excited.
I just wanted to share the excitement in our home over the last little while... kids are so much fun... oh and on a side note... I finally, finally got back to my pre-pregnancy weight from before Daphne. 10 more pounds and back to my pre-pregnancy weight with Sami... give me a year. And that's not saying I haven't been working hard... everyones bodies are different you gotta figure out what your body can do and do it...
5 comments:
Yea! Way to go Sami! Such a big girl now. =)
That puzzle sure sounds fun. You'll have to get out a few of our puzzles tomorrow while you're here.
Good job on your weight loss too, Sara.
Good job on the weight and good job to Sami on puzzles and potty training!!
Congrats on the potty training ~ that's always a joyous experience....bleh but SO nice when you achieve success!
Way to go Sami! We are NOT in any way above bribery in our home either :) Awesome Sara. Thanks for sharing! Much love!
Atta Girl Sami!!!! It is so fun to watch kids mature a little bit each day. Soon you will see her do something new and wonder when that started!
Post a Comment