Monday afternoon Sami woke up from her nap and came out and I got her clothes back on her (she prefers to sleep in the buff) and than she puked on me... gotta say that was disgusting but as I told Dave later as I continued to clean up after her for the next 48 hours, I am a mom, I was born to handle this. Dave got off around 3 and so we got some clear pop and gatorade for her, since pedialyte is the best thing for her to drink, but she refuses to drink it. Around 5 Dave started barfing and than I followed around 9 or so. I gotta say I felt like I was going to die. I wasn't eating or drinking anything and so after awhile I was just barfing. I know that word is gross but that's the truth.
While I was so sick, I kept praying that me or Dave would be able to take care of Daphne because she still wakes up to nurse and so I knew I wasn't going to be able to take care of her, Dave stepped in. It was a nice thing that our sicknesses were all staggered because Dave was through with the worst part when it hit me. When I threw up than I would have horrible chills than I would burrow under my covers until I warmed up and stopped shivering uncontrollably and than I would start to relax and fall asleep when it would hit me all over again. At one time I went out to the front room, and Sami and Dave had both thrown up and Dave of course made it to a bowl but Sami didn't and I just walked away because I didn't have the energy to take care of them. It was the longest night and we both look back at it thinking, oh seriously... we thought it would never end and that we were going to die and someone was going to find our families bodies the next morning... I am just so glad that Dave took care of Daphne because there was no way I could have.
We all konked out about 1 am and than slept until 8 the next morning. Sami and Dave threw up a few more times but I was done and Tuesday was a blur, it was filled with sleeping and drinking water and munching crackers and pretzels. My mom made a run to the store for us to get pop and pretzels, and than later that night I ran to the store to get water and soup when I was feeling better. We watched "How to Train your Dragon" and than I went to bed exhausted and wanting to get all the sleep I could while the girls were being good. It was nice because Daphne and Sami both woke up at 3 and Sami was sick again but Daphne went back to sleep and Sami watched 3 or 4 movies while I slept in a hunch on the couch next to her. Dave was going to try and go to work but that didn't happen.
It's now Thursday and I think we are all better just fatigued and limiting Sami's intake of nothing more than just crackers and water, and pop. Milk is a no no for her, I have eaten the most and am just trying to gain back some energy with all the food I lost. We are going to weigh ourselves tonight because we both feel like we lost a few pounds, our clothes are tons looser and baggy on us in areas. Dave is at work and tired but he's there. This is a big week for him he has inventory and so he is just trying not to overdue it.
Daphne has been doing some pretty funny stuff. When Dave was watching her. He would put her in her high chair and give her some food and than lay on the ground and sleep. After getting up a couple of times to give her food she pointed down at the ground as to tell him, go back to where you were laying but not anywhere else. She has become quite the character. She is a pointer and it's so cute. She said "Whales" the other day, after looking at the box of Whales and than she says ma ma, da da, na na which we think maybe is Sami. She is a funny little girl and is into EVERYTHING. No walking yet but in time. And her hair is starting to sprout and it's dark not blonde like Sami's. So this should be fun.
I have Super Saturday, Saturday and than the fun of the Halloween celebrations next week and so more pictures to follow... wish me luck in disinfecting and cleaning my house... it will take me awhile!
1 comment:
Holy Hanna! So sorry about all the puking and sickness =( Hope you're through with that for a loooong time!
Post a Comment