Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mason Corner

So... I was thinking as I was emailing an old friend that when I do these posts I usually never give like an update of the real things going on in our life so for reals here it goes... bare with me.
Where to start... I am enjoying being a mother of 2. It has it's ups and downs, believe me sometimes more downs than ups, but thank goodness for Disney movies and Dora to rescue me when I need peace and quite and of course the Playstation portable aka PSP that I play mahjong, tetris and trying to figure out the new game bubble trouble, my word search book that I keep tucked in the side of my couch, books, my movies, craft time, Sara time, and my mom and friends, and of course my oldest sister Cindy for guiding me through it all, seeing that she just had her 6th child this last spring.
David is doing great... he is really hunkering down trying to find a new job for next year starting in January, so if anyone knows of anything good out there give us a shout out. He is doing more and more computer side jobs, which is good practice for him since he is going into the computer science program at WSU Tri-Cities. He is looking into trying to get some advertisement out there. He knows a lot of stuff about computers... so far he has helped my grandma and paul, my dad, my brother n law Doug and my dads friend. He loves it. Besides that we have decided art/drawing is taking the back burner since schooling for him right now is #1 priority and being dad and husband. He is working on a submission so in March we can again hit up the Comic Convention and hopefully make more progress from last year.
Sami well miss Sami, is slowing down some days and than other days it's full blast. Her latest is that she learned how to climb on top of the dresser and book case... yeah... all i am waiting for now is the book case to fall on her which would be a lot worse than just a broken appendage... so I will be doing some damage control tomorrow in the organization in the room that is of course not big enough for all the stuff that is in it. I am still in the process of trying to come up with the right punishment but as of lately it's all about communication with her. She gets frustrated because she talks and we can't understand her. I am not one of those moms that can understand jibberish, some moms the kid says blah blah blah wah and you hear I want french fries... not me... I am learning the code words. She never says the first letter of the word and so that's fun to figure out... movies and show names I have figured out and she can say baby and Daphne... she is so good at saying Daphne it's impressive because that is a hard word...
Daphne is doing great... she is 2 mo next week and I can't believe it and this weekend will be our start (cross our fingers) to try and transition her from the bouncer sleep to crib sleep... I am a bit nervous... but that way the humidifier can move back into the girls bedroom and not be in the family room. She is a good smiler and sleeps and eats and coos a little bit but that's about it... and poops of course... spray in wash is my best friend with those soiled clothes.
One of her first baths in her tub... Sami used this tub and it was great. Sami is helping and has no shirt on because she got her sleeve all wet testing the water... sorry private pic shots but she's a girl so there ya go... plus check out her leg rolls I love them... Sami never had them. They are a pain to clean but they're so cute.
After her bath.. notice diaper is already on... it limits the element of surprise... Cute ducky towel... my cute chubby girl! Who I think looks just like her daddy!
Rachel rescued me today and we meet for a play date at Burger King in West Richland. Rachel is pictured in this picture... sorry Rachel it's too funny to pass up. Her son Kyler climbed up to the top and kept saying he couldn't get down and so she relented and went up and got him... had to take a picture... Here's static hair Sami... you can kinda see it. She climbed up to the top the second time Kyler got stuck and she just stayed up there... she climbed around and around the top of the toy... it's a big square and every time she would come to the stairs I would try and get her to come down but she kept going. At first she'd laugh but than after about 10 min I noticed she seemed like she was panicking. I got worried than I heard the whining. Finally after she bumped her head I climbed up and rescued her. I will never forget the look of relief on her face when I popped up and she saw me... she latched on to me and wouldn't let go until we got down. she was really scared. I think she forgot how to get down... and where to go. I felt awful. It is times like these where I really feel grateful to be a mom. Dave heard that awful story on the news about the 5 year old girl being sold and I won't go on because it's just horrible I have had a hard time sleeping because of it. The thing that gets me through those times is when the scriptures say that those who harm children will wish they were never born... Honestly it's awful the things that go on in this world...
I love my girls and it's been hard having 2 and dealing with 2 year old emotions but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world... I take so many pictures I love my girls and our life me and Dave have. They love me and trust me and I know that it's my job to take care of them and make sure they are ok... it's not an easy job but it's so rewarding. I feel sorry for my husband that he has to go to work every day... I have enjoyed this time we stay home a lot more and do less running around... now because it gets to hard and there is always a mouth to feed or a bum to change... but I love just being home in our safe home where the spirit dwells and we are protected be our own love for one another!

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Very sweet. That is a cute towel on her head!
Too bad the kids didn't get stuck at the same time so only one of you had to climb up...
I have one of those furniture mounts that hooks onto dressers or bookcases so they don't tip that you can have. Remind me.

Mary said...

I love the cute bath pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think your kids look more like you!