Friday, October 16, 2009

Journal Entry

I guess it's time I got a little personal or not... but enjoy... I keep a journal on our computer in a word program so that I can write when I get a moment of my thoughts and frustrations because once I get it out I feel a lot better. I decided I would share today's entry... it's not too super personal...

October 16, 2009 Friday

Dear future self... or future readers. I have decided that being a mom of two is very hard and don’t want to try mom of three until I have a house where messes can be shoved in extra closets, or a few dirty dishes doesn’t make the whole kitchen look like a stye...

Today is a productive day, well it could be if I could just get motivated... if i had an entire day to myself... ohh the possibilities. than again if that was the case... I wouldn’t have messes because I would be alone and sad... and have no life... so instead of spending this entry complaining I am going to say everything I am grateful for.

Grateful for...

my girls.... how happy they make me, the smiles on there faces, there cute clothes, the way they need me no matter what.

my husband... that he is always there for me, no matter what, he takes my abuse than forgives me when I need to be forgiven. He loves my morning hair, and gives me compliments even when I don’t want them, but always need them. SO much more of him I am grateful for.

our apartment... that it has no mold, no mice, no spiders, upstairs, has a great view, a storage unit, and small so it gives me less room to have to clean up.

the church... gospel, there for me whenever I need it, doesn’t ask for much in return, and doesn’t hold grudges if I get to busy to pray or read my scriptures for a day or two. How it makes me feel good, how it is the center of my life, how everyone I love knows it.

family... they are always there, always willing to go out on a limb for us... how I would do it for them if I could...

computers... for connecting me with tetris, email, facebook, blog, a writing program to type my journal, pictures, music... the sanity of life.

drink... pop, water, milk, juice... it’s all so good and needed at different times.

food... cheerios, chicken, mcdonalds, tomatoes, pasta, chocolate.... etc etc etc

my bed... to lay my tired head on and make me comfortable with my warm blankets so i can rest when I need to rest.

clothes... for covering me up... some things just don’t need to be seen, or shown off

my working nursing system... my baby loves it, and she can get it whenever she wants it... so glad i work that way for her.

tv... so i can watch movies, and tv shows, and use as a babysitter to get a moment of peace

craft stuff... so I can buy you and express my talents using you, and get a thrill out of the end result.

phones... to put me in touch with family, friends, etc... so I can know as soon as possible when something important has happened.

ipod.. so when I clean my mom’s house I can jam out to my favorite tunes.

itunes.. so I can get the latest song that is stuck in my head (i.e. Forever by Chris Brown from off the “Wedding” office episode... love it)

I could go on and on.. but I will stop I have shared enough.

try this sometime... when you are frustrated just think of everything you are grateful for, suprisingly it helps ease those burdens, and you tend to look at things in a whole different light. Have a good one!

3 comments:

NaDell said...

So fun to read! Thanks for sharing it with me/us. It's always nice to remember my own list too! :)

shelly said...

Sara, thanks for sharing. I needed that pick-up of seeing that I enjoy the same blessings and don't always see them that way =0)

NaDell said...

Hey, I tagged you in my last blog. Just wanted to make sure you know.