So... as I laid in bed this morning not wanting to get up since I had such a crappy night sleep last night I decided I needed to do something besides pack today. So I called for reinforcements and of course my wonderful sis-n-law NaDell came to the rescue.
I was taking my morning nap while Sami was watching cartoons, trying to muster the energy to get "stuff" (mildly putting it) done, when my sis-n-law responded to my facebook request of "what her family was doing today" (her, her 2 girls and 1 son). She called me and we planned to meet at the sprinkler park at 11:30. That gave me just enough time to get my act together. I must have just needed a bit of inspiration because the energy kicked in when I got off the phone.
I started where I was, in my room. I know we only need 2 set of clothes to last us until I un pack Saturday afternoon, evening (I knew where they would be in case I didn't get to more than that) and so I could pack my room. I was off... These are pictures of my accomplishments for the day, when I am 35 weeks prego this is a great feat...
I took my camera but was too lazy having braxton hicks on the blanket watching under the shade to take some so I stole these from my sis-n-law.
Sami had a great time. It didn't take her very long to get in the water, all she needed was help and to know her cousins weren't very far away. I was craving mexican food and so we grabbed $5 worth of Taco Bell and ate that at the park along with NaDell's cucumbers, chips, and carrots..
Don't get too jealous of what I can accomplish because I have been packing since the beginning of August. I have made 2 trips to the Good Will truck to drop of stuff we don't need, and honestly I enjoy packing and unpacking, it's the stress of the actual "moving" that gets to me and the antzyness of knowing oh we are moving in 3 weeks blah, blah, blah... but no worries, when I get tired I rest, and I sleep a lot... if I feel uncomfortable everyone knows! I took pictures of all the stacks of boxes in my house. All except for the one in my bedroom which is just suitcases full of clothes.
Kitchen corner (above)
What I did today (kitchen dishes) and pictures off wall.
front closet stuff, toys, and piano stuff.
Sami's room, not to mention the stuff in the closet that is ready to go.
The spare bedroom, which is craft stuff, and baby stuff.
Sami after her bath... she had this weird thing happen to her eye. A few of her eyelashes from the top section got stuck to her eye ball, and made her eye all swollen. I called to see if we could get into an eye doctor and with our insurance it's a pure luck thing, and so we called Dave's home teaching companion who is an optometrist and he said to just use a q-tip and open her eye and it should pull them out. We tried that and no success just a mad hyper-ventalating child. Than i gave her a bath and looked at her eye and while she was playing with toys I just pulled her eye lid up and they popped out, I had already washed her hair and face and so I think all the extra water helped a lot, thank goodness.
I wanted a picture of me in my new pink sweat shirt fabric skirt. Dave was doing his final so I just did my best. You can hardly tell but I was proud of myself. I went to Value Village yesterday because I was looking for frames and sometimes they have some and didn't find any but thought to look through the clothes for fun, and found this skirt for $3, I believe it's a Target brand one. it is so comfy. It's not a maternity skirt but it fits just fine, it has a drawstring waist, so comfy I love it. I also got a cute american eagle shirt but that will have to wait until after Daphne debuts to wear. Now that I found something cool I might go back and try it again, why not. Both those things for $8, not bad, and no one would know unless i told them... ha ha !
What I did today (kitchen dishes) and pictures off wall.
front closet stuff, toys, and piano stuff.
Sami's room, not to mention the stuff in the closet that is ready to go.
The spare bedroom, which is craft stuff, and baby stuff.
Sami after her bath... she had this weird thing happen to her eye. A few of her eyelashes from the top section got stuck to her eye ball, and made her eye all swollen. I called to see if we could get into an eye doctor and with our insurance it's a pure luck thing, and so we called Dave's home teaching companion who is an optometrist and he said to just use a q-tip and open her eye and it should pull them out. We tried that and no success just a mad hyper-ventalating child. Than i gave her a bath and looked at her eye and while she was playing with toys I just pulled her eye lid up and they popped out, I had already washed her hair and face and so I think all the extra water helped a lot, thank goodness.
I wanted a picture of me in my new pink sweat shirt fabric skirt. Dave was doing his final so I just did my best. You can hardly tell but I was proud of myself. I went to Value Village yesterday because I was looking for frames and sometimes they have some and didn't find any but thought to look through the clothes for fun, and found this skirt for $3, I believe it's a Target brand one. it is so comfy. It's not a maternity skirt but it fits just fine, it has a drawstring waist, so comfy I love it. I also got a cute american eagle shirt but that will have to wait until after Daphne debuts to wear. Now that I found something cool I might go back and try it again, why not. Both those things for $8, not bad, and no one would know unless i told them... ha ha ! Well wish us luck with the weekend!
1 comment:
Good luck this weekend!
I'm glad you take rests when you need them.
It was a lot of fun to hang out today.
Andy is happy to see that you have packed. I asked him if he was surprised. Doesn't he know what a go-getter you are?
Looking cute too.
Post a Comment