Saturday, May 16, 2009

Howard Amon

You can pretty much expect a post from me once a week usually about Saturdays events. You see, my husband David works for a fertilzer company and well when is there busiest time of the year, spring and summer and so for him to take work off is impossible this spring and summer and so we will in turn be taking a lot of quick weekenders or just doing something that really normally isn't spectacular and making a big deal out of it to have more fun, hence last weeks entry and todays, I am sorry if you are bored but this is us. We will enlighten you in July after me and Sami go to Yellowstone with my parents for the yearly Ransom reunion, I am so so excited. Camping the best way when your prego, in a cabin with electricity.
All of these pictures accept for this one is from today. I was taking a self portrait because I see all these self portraits of my friends on face book and I think oh how cute, I should try that, well right now all I feel is fat and pale and so I don't think I look good in any picture, but I believe that is normal pregnancy feelings. I never can take a serious face picture but I think I got it in this picture. This was taken on one of those yucky windy rainy days, Kennewick has been known to have these past couple of days. Saturday (today) the sun blarred through our bedroom window and woke David up at 5:40. Than the same in Sami's room so we were up. David showered and I got her up. We popped in Toy Story since it was too early for cartoons and we were set. I left the house around 8 to go clean my mom's and than came home around 9. After attempting a family nap we decided we would for-go Sami's nap until after our rendezvous for the day. We decided to hit up Richland this time which was right up my alley for my desires for the day.
David had cleaned out our ever messy car that morning and found Sami's sun glasses, she loves wearing them. That was the first thing I bought for her, because I was a clueless poor mom and didn't know what else to get her. She always puts them on upside down, but this time I helped her. So cute! We got to Richland around 10 and so we hit up "Adventures Underground" basically the only decent comic book shop in town, and well David left me comfortable at the JoAnn's store closing sale, (second trip this week). I had gotten paid and so I was spending money. I had a good time, and I had Sami in her stroller, maybe that is the key or something she was so good. She drank her sippy and didn't complain very much at all. I purchased fabric for Daphne's bedroom curtains, and for our bedroom curtains, and they had boppy covers on sale and so I snagged one. That was on my list of things I needed for Daphne, since my org cover on my boppy has a rip. This new one is pink fuzzy I am so excited to use it, I love using it is good for just a lap pillow as well.
Than I was craving a chicken taco salad from "Tumbleweeds" and so we hit them up for lunch. So good, I am going to be dreaming about them for awhile til I get to eat there again. They used to have a "Tumbleweeds" here in Kennewick right down the street from my moms but they closed and so we have been deprived. My mom has been eating those salads for the longest time, it's just a thing and eating them with Mrs. Kimberly on her lunch breaks from Kadelac.
We drove down into the park and getting out of the car this was the first thing I noticed (the tree pictured above) I thought it was so cool and it definately has the city in mind since we were founded basically by Indians, Kennewick, Richland, who else could have thought those crazy names up. I learned a bit about that kinda stuff going to Kamiakin. We had to have a special assembly about how we don't offend the indians because our school's mascot is the Kamiakin Brave... This is Dave on the boat. It actually moves around like a real boat. The hand you see is of a little kid who offered to rock it for us.
I thought I would go back in time. This is in October of 07 when Sami wasn't very old, on the same boat. Me and Sami swinging. David was laughing at me when we got home and were looking at the
pictures because of where I have my hand. I told him she was sliding and I had to keep her from
sliding, that and because of my belly I couldn't hold on to her properly.
Same time as the back in time before, but we aren't going as high so I don't have such a hard time holding her, and there is less of her to hold so big difference.
I had sat down on there rocking bench to rest the back and belly weight and Sami took off walking (Dave with her of course) and when I caught up to them this is where they were. He said that she wanted to walk right into the water and so he just took there shoes off. She loved it and didn't want to get out. Here I am helping her and my feet were freezing, she didn't mind but we took her out right after this because her feet were starting to get red. Just like last Saturday I had a project and completed it in record time. I had needed to get fabric for curtains in Daphne's room because the curtains we had weren't sufficient and I found this cute fabric and just bought what was left on the bolt to use else where too. Here is a close up of the print. As I was starting the curtain project I held it up and asked Dave which way, there is no way we decided, what do you think? Cute though huh? It's really funny Daphne's room which right now is home to Dave's art desk and the computer stuff is now a wonderful shade of purple when you walk in the room (when the sun is shinning through) it is delightful. I love it. I didn't realize how bad it was until I walked in to get something I started laughing so hard, I told Dave that he needs to get used to it being a babies room, he will but he is just being a tough guy and not dealing with it yet.
Well I better get going, David was/is watching "Wrath of Kohn" Star Trek I hate that one because of the worm things they put in the ears so I have refused to watch it, so I have kept busy, I made a apple pie, (after my husband so sweetly and convincingly sweet talked me into it) and now this, but I still have a lesson to prepare and that pie is calling my name.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

I think Andy's watching Wrath now too. That's why I'm in here.
I need to go and cross-stitch, sew, or read though.
Looks like a fun trip to HA park.
I have yet to go to JoAnn's sales. I better go this week. I never think about it until Andy is home and the kids are in bed and then it's closed. Monday, maybe....
I love the curtains. Good work.

Anonymous said...

you are so funny. you always have something fun going on. i do like the curtains. even though my mom-in-law says i'm having a girl, i think it might be a boy...atleast the chinese baby calendar says it is a boy. we will see. either way the baby wont have it's own room and if it did, it would still be boise state, so that is one thing i don't get/have to worry about, decorating another room. =)