I know not a very flattering picture of me... I was laying on the couch watching tv... but this is my first pregnancy picture. My husband took the picture and asked me if I was sticking it out... I tried sucking in and it wouldn't suck in... but every day I look different it is all bloating. Yuck I know. I had my first OBGYN apt today and it went really well. I had to go by myself because ironically enough it was at 10 the same time as Dave's interview for a job we hope he gets. My mom picked me and Sami up and dropped me off and than took Sami to Fred Meyer to shop. My mom is determined to get her to walk and me and David to her probably seem like bad parents because we just kind of shrug it off but believe me we try she can do it we see he all the time when she "feels like it" but she must figure hey I get around pretty easily on my knees so why not... In time. But my mom bought her a baby stroller and she loves pushing the little musical toy on it. When we got home it kept her preoccupied all night basically. She did stand up a few times with it but not behind it like it is intended but in time.
Back to my apt. It went pretty smoothly. I didn't get done with everything until around noon but I was doing stuff the whole 2 hours basically. I went in and they had me fill out some paperwork of course. I had barely sat down after getting that done when they called me back. They did all the basic stuff, weight, blood pressure, pee sample... normal routine every apt stuff. Than they put me in my room and a nurse came in and asked me all these questions about my medical history and gave me a goodie bag with a bunch of stuff in it... free stuff.
Than she had me get ready for the PA to come in so I got ready and sat on the bed. She came in and wow she is younger than me but she did an amazing job she was so nice. She asked me some of the same questions as the nurse, checked things out under there and than figured since I thought I was 10 weeks that she should be able to hear the heart beat. She tried two dobblers and couldn't find it. Than she got another PA in who is a guy and he found it right away. It is such an amazing thing to hear... I wish David would have been there. Than since my cycle is so irregular, they decided to do a bed side ultra sound and that was awesome. the baby is super small in the picture you can see the head, arms and legs... and they figured out that I was only 9 weeks along and my new due date is Sept 20.... ok that helps... maybe this baby won't have to be induced.
After of course I had to figure out how to check out and than get my blood work done... than we met up with my dad and husband and had lunch.
I was going to split this entry into two separate posts but figured I would save myself some time by just doing it all in one.
The Terrible Two's have hit our household. Sami has turned into a crying and throwing fits whenever she doesn't get her own way "machine". The fit usually entails flopping back and if we don't act fast enough hitting her head, and making it worse. We have begun to solve the tantrums when we are at our "wits end" (popular phrase used in our house) and putting her in bed. Tonight she threw a tantrum because she has learned how to crawl into her highchair and does so when she is hungry. Well she wanted spaghetti that was cooking and wasn't done so she threw a fit when we refused her access into the high chair... Dave was annoyed and put her in bed around 6 and we usually give her about 15 min to 1/2 hour depending on the heat of the cry but in 10 min she was asleep. Sadly enough this change came about when she decided to not take 2 hour nap anymore now it's 1 if that and than because of lack of sleep tantrum and crying whenever she doesn't get her own way. Our favorite is when she acts like this in public... removing her from the situation has worked... and man to mans... we have a lot of those. She doesn't like when she is in trouble and has to have a man to man and so she won't look at me.
I would ask for suggestions on this matter but every kid is different and we are beginning to realize that we are figuring it out... and it will get easier. We like advice in disciplining but every child reacts differently to things and honestly she does a pretty good job. If she understands "put that back in the drawer and shut it" and actually does it without complaining I feel like I am doing a good job, and that she is a good girl.
4 comments:
I'm glad your appointment went well.
I hope David gets the job too!
It's smart to not ask for too much advice with discipline. You have enough information and you just have to figure out what works (which will change, probably soon after). I hope she naps better for you soon. Pregnant moms need so much rest (at least I did when I was pregnant...)
oh yes, i know all about climbing into the high chair. however, we keep the tray in a using position all the time, instead of clipped to the back, and he can climb up over and into the chair, as if he is rock climbing. i am still amazed everytime i watch him do it. he is gunna get hurt one day. ... and i'm sure youv'r noticed all the bruises he used to get like everyday from throwing fits and banging his head in the floor. he has gotten over that somewhat...now he just scream cries, purposeful ones. we know he is faking and i think he knows we know, so it makes him more mad. the best of luck to all of us right? that's why we have to sick together.
Its no easy task being pregnant with a two-year-old, but I know you'll do just fine! For me, the so-called "terrible two's" actually lasted until age five, and still occasionally make a reappearance. But hey, like you said every kid is different and there are upsides and downsides to every disposition. Good luck!
I love Sami's hair. It's finally growing.:D
Post a Comment