I'm sorry if this post offends anyone but I just have to express my feelings and pray I am not the only one who feels the same way... if so that is sad!
I just got my gym membership renewed and it's so great, I went through all of December not going because it wasn't in the budget but being back is so great. I love the feeling of working out, and I wonder why I haven't been doing this all along. Yeah I worked out before but not at a gym I used to be so against them, but ever since my cholesterol got high and it was either loose weight or exercise I have been going to the gym at Eastern. It's pretty cheap since Dave is a student I only pay $35 a month, which is great considering that it's always fully staffed and so I don't have to risk being creepped out by anyone and it's got great equipment and bonus I can go after the kids are in bed, since I enjoy working out better at night anyways that is when I have free time and have energy.... I am not a morning work out person and working out int he middle of the day is just weird since you go through half the day either stinky or you end up taking two showers... Anyways I enjoy going... not only have I lost weight but I have a Nook and so I just read the whole time and try not to be distracted by the crap that they show on TV...
Let me just state also before I go into my next tirade that I also enjoy working out because of the weight I have lost which by no means it not significant but meaningful, and I like knowing that when I don't like the way my clothes fit I know I did at least try and so I don't feel guilty... I know weird... but I by no means want to get supermodel skinny becasue I like to eat I enjoy eating so I work out also to make it possible to eat pizza and potatoes and snack on potatoe chips and french fries... life is to short to diet all the time!
Tonight I was at the gym on my usual machine trying not to watch TV... it's kind of weird because there is no sound because of all the noise of the machines, and talking and most everyone has head phones on listening to music and so the TV's have subtitle turned on, so if I watch TV I am reading...
There have been on occasion a decent show on, a movie, or Dancing with the Stars or an old TV show that I enjoy... but most of the time it's crap... I don't watch TV... we have Netflix and so I get to choose what is watched in our home so that is mostly a kids cartoon show or a movie for myself or Dave... so it's quite a culture shock when I go there and am subjected to the crap on TV... it's hard because the workers don't circulate to change channels and so you just ignore or watch...
There are some pretty offensive shows on let me share with you a few ...
Keeping up the Kardashins...
Sex Almost Killed Me
Living Doll...
yeah right you know where this is going....
the Kardashings... it's bad... the episode I was watching would have been rated NC17... it was bad... I just stared in Horror... i am sorry but seriously... no one needs to know any thing about that part of there lives.. and for someone to get paid to talk about it is just demoralizing...
Sex Almost killed me... shows a couple in bed than the man is in the hospital with a ice pack in a certain region of his body... and the doctor is in awe...
Than Living Doll... focused on two different people a guy and a girl... the girl looked like a live Strawberry Shortcake doll/Geisha... the show ended with her living in Japan doing her dream job, being a model for childrens doll clothes... it was extreme but the guy...
He would sculpt his body and than draw out pictures and go to than go to the plastic surgeon to make his body like the sculpt... the doctor finally said... your body /muscles aren't supposed to be exactly the same on each side that is not real it's fake like a doll and the guy was like that's what I want to be... his face didn't even move at all he was a real live Ken doll... It was so wrong... than he went to a night club with some of his male friends and there was a lady there giving botox injections... at the night club...
I'm sorry but if you watch tv stick with PBS or a good reality tv show...
All this talk about Duck Dynasty is just awesome... Phil was asked in an interview his faith and he quoted the bible... and now he is kicked off the show... even though he has already recorded the next season so he will be on for another year than he is gone... a show that at the end of each episode they pray.. a show where the dad takes the boyfriend of his daughter out to look for snakes and the boy knows how to shoot and kills snakes... it's a weird show yeah... eating squirrel but if I lived down there that is probably what I would do too... I hope that the family sticks to there guns and doesn't back down and stoop down because someone was offended... well sorry I am offended when I am subjected to all the other crap on tv... but does anyone care about that? No because those people in those shows have no morals and for once there is a show on tv where the people have morals and it's being bad mouthed... as if it's wrong...
Sorry but there is seriously something wrong with our country... if you haven't realized it yet... do some research... I pray every day that I can raise my kids to know right from wrong and know what they have to do and what they don't have to do, that they know that when they are subjected to a horrible situation or TV show they can do just as me and roll there eyes and be utterly disgusted!
I don't usually like to talk about this kind of thing on here but I am really hoping I am not the only one who feels this way!
Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment