Monday of this last week it snowed all day! It started Thursday... and continued off and on through Monday afternoon. So on Monday when i had to get to Walmart I promised Sami we would play in the snow when we got back. Dave has had this horrible cough and it gets worse the longer he is out side and so he stayed in with Ezra man, and I took the girls out!
We built a snowman! They helped, and than helped kick it over as it started to melt later in the week.
I showed Sami a snow angel last year and this year she tried one her self... she laid down in the snow that was basically it... pretty cute!
And they must through snowballs at each other at recess because we have never done this with her before...
Ok, maybe I'm a bad mom but until this year we didn't have outdoor gear! But when I learned that at Sami's school they go out for recess no matter what I knew it was time to get geared up. We got our coats, and than I went to Value Village and spent $8 on the two pairs of snow pants, and than got boots... Sami packs her snow pants with her to school on snowy days... than puts them on when it's time to go out for recess.. it's pretty funny i see kids that have them on all day I am curious if they don't have pants on underneath them... silly! I told Sami she has to take them off inside.
It's pretty fun now that they are older to do stuff like this... We have at least one more season of snow left here in Cheney and so we will enjoy it while we can... It's so exciting!









2 comments:
Those classrooms must smell with all of those kids staying in snowpants!
So glad you are enjoying the snow. Cute pictures.
Yipee for snow! And great deals on the snow gear =) You're a good mom to brave the cold so they can do the traditional snow angels and snowman.
Post a Comment