Friday, August 31, 2012

Re-Decorating!

I don't know about the rest of you mom's but every so often I just need to re-vamp and change things up a bit... Here's what I did in August
 When we moved in I put up a curtain but it had apples on it not cherries so than I changed that... 
the Cherry fabric says "LIfe is Just a Bowl Of Cherries" than of course Chevron print and than a black polkadot... I will be adding Chevron a couple more places later... i love the bold ness of it I'm getting into the Chevron grove I guess! 
 Than I got the painting itch, when we bought the girls bunk beds it came with an extra set of slats and so I have been trying to decide what to do with them, and saw on Martha Stewart how she did a front door mat but since I have no drill I cheated and they are nailed together with painting sticks... 
 My mom gave me this cabinet a while back and it was white and I put in Ezra's room but I decided to move it out and put my piano books in it... 
 I have seen people do the reverse painting and so I decided to try it... if you recognize some of those names than you know music... some of my favorite's, I am planning on painting over with chalk board paint so that I can write fun stuff on it once I start teaching piano lessons a lot more... but that's in the future a bit... 
 So... when we moved in the house has a obvious middle and so the bedrooms are on either side of it and so I figured we put the girls in the biggest room, but after much calculation I decided we put them in the smaller bedroom, and so my big task this last week was switching rooms... I moved everything out of Ezra's room and moved all there stuff in, than put everything back in Ezra's room... 
 it's not as roomy but they have more floor space and... when you open the door it doesn't hit there beds... I have already discovered them playing in there a lot more... 

Ezra's room is set up a lot better and once I get it straightened up and everything put away it will be perfect now to get him to sleep in there... that and it's closer to our room. I was nervous about having him on the completely opposite side of the house from us and corner but this will be a bit easier... 
So yes... and to tell you the truth I took all the beds apart and put them back together, and moved all the furniture. The only thing I didn't do was put the mattress on the top bunk, but I didn't work out for a couple days because I was so exhausted from doing all this... half way through I was done but than I still had Ezra's stuff to get out of the kitchen.
 Dave was impressed by my strength and he kept Ezra happy when he was grumpy...

1 comment:

NaDell said...

The rooms look nice. Great job! It feels so good to have things fresh and new (with what you already have). That's something I love to do.