Wednesday, May 9, 2012

So Annoyed!

So, as I have said before we moved, but we don't live in a regular house we live in a mobile home. Our neighbors range from the manager, to college kids who speed through even over the speed bumps like they are nothing. Down the street from us is a family of boys that stole my bike trailer, and the one kid is still in juvy. I have seen one large boy sit on another boy for a good 20 min, in a front yard, no one ever came out and reprimanded the boys and I think i even saw some adults walk past with out saying a darn thing. To me, it's not a safe children environment, well least at my standards. We live at the end of the street and i can see whoever comes and goes out my front window. Understand why I am annoyed... 

Every day we get a knock on our door asking for Sami and Daphne to come play. Sami is 5 next month and Daphne is 2 1/2 like I am going to let them go play... usually it's just the managers daughter who by the way she talks isn't very smart and she is 6. The last two days has been our neighbors 3 boys, who last night walked up to our opened front room window and looked around like snooping, until i told them to not look in. Than I answered the door and they continued to fiddle with everything on our front porch while I talked to them, I had to continue to say hey, don't touch that, the workers are painting... leave that a lone... Seriously. Oh did I mention yesterday that I talked to there mom at the local grocery store where she works and I had a whole conversation about how I am not comfortable with them playing outside. She told me that she wasn't comfortable with her boys playing outside until they lived there a year. And now her boys are knocking on my door. 

If this keeps up I am going to personally go tell the parents of these children that my kids are too little to go out and play and I don't think it's a safe neighborhood. Seeing how I have seen kids beat up on each other and all the kids are older than both my girls. And everyone has a yard but it's close to a road where there are constant drivers, everyone pays attention to the drivers and kids, but it only takes once. Sami gets interaction every week 3 times a week being around other kids. Daphne spends times with other kids as well with church people, and than of course she has her sister to play with. I don't see how I am being unreasonable to not let my kids go out and play with strangers, and sorry to say it, pretty stupid kids that invite themselves into your house... I am so annoyed... 

Oh and just let me continue on. i love our new place and the space but the last month we have lived here it has been a construction site. After we moved in they finished the landscaping in our yard, and the boys smoke and swear and talk about disgusting things, than they moved out the house next to ours and put a new one in it's place so they have been working over there. Than yesterday they started preparing our house to be painted, and the house next to me required some water work and so a back hoe and dump truck are out there digging a big trench... oh and we have birds living in the rafters of our house and we can't open a door with out a bee flying in... I am just glad the hott days aren't consistent but seriously... it's become so crazy... 

Oh and just to add to my complaint list... 38 weeks pregnant and I have a horrible cold that keeps me even more uncomfortable than i already am with hott flashes, and times of the day where I can't even hold my head up but I am restless... yes.. it's been a great week... 

1 comment:

NaDell said...

I really do think a sign that says they can't play or napping might do the trick to keep the neighbors away.
I think all of your complaints are completely valid (just so you don't think-or let anybody tell you-you are being an irrational pregnant lady.)
Construction right next to your house when you're pregnant is terrible. You need rest (and your girls need naps.) Don't they know that?
I think I'd tell them to quit the bad language and dirty mouths though. You can blame it on your kids or the thin walls or something. No one should have to listen to that kind of bad behavior.
Eat more oranges and kick that cold's butt!