Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Getting Excited!

On the 21 of April, my great friend Sabrina threw me a baby shower. We didn't realize it was the same day as Time Out For Women and so our turn out was pretty slim, but we had a great time and it was a lot of fun. My mom and dad came up, and my brother and his family came up. The men took off to Cabella's for a couple hours while we went to girl it up at the baby shower. Dave was working so he missed everything, but I showed him all the goodies we got later that night. 
 A lot of my favorite people were there, there aren't many people in my ward in Cheney that aren't my favorites, they are all awesome. Sister Bennett and her daughter Melissa. Her husband is the bishop, and Melissa is one of my Mia Maids, next to her holding Abby is Kora another one of my Mia Maids


Daphne trying to snitch some of Olivia's chocolate covered strawberries. There was also some yummy punch and bean dip with chips. I chowed down on the strawberries mainly eating the ones that Daphne ate all the chocolate off of, hey I don't mind it's all good to me. Than they served Carrot cake, so good! 

Here I am in all my 8 months along glory... black it disguises, but not my nice plump arms, glad no one can see how bad I was sweating!. Next to me is Eliza, her aunt is Brianna who was a laurel when I was a beehive at one time, and Brianna's dad was one of my dad's counselors in the bishopric long ago in the new 6th ward. Eliza's mom is a Monson, who's brother married Brianna Rose... pretty crazy. Eliza is a beehive but so sweet and wonderful of course! 

A better picture of Kora, than Miles who is Camille's son, she is in the shorts and behind her is Sabrina. They threw the shower. Next to Camille is Kathy. Kathy is the YW secretary, Sabrina is the 2nd counselor and Camille is the beehive advisor... 
 They had some fun games. One of which was guess the number of sprees in the bottle, I didn't guess correctly but I got to keep the bottles with the candy. Another game was hilarious. Camille acted like she was in desperate need of some chap stick and so she got frustrated buy digging in her purse so she dumped the entire thing out, than put it all away. That was there version of guess what's on the tray, it was pretty funny! 
 I got some great stuff, my girls were really excited that I got that elephant, they have been on this huge Dumbo kick lately, but sad for them, I put it away in Ezra's stuff, it's his. 
 Next to me is Laura and her daughter Desiree is next to her. Desi is one of my Mia Maids as well, she has been a great help with my kids at times. 
 Daphne sucking off the chocolate... my kids were so tired after the family left that they crashed around 4:30-5 and I had the rest of the evening to myself. I got right to work on thank you cards trying to keep on top of that as best I can, and washing all the gifts I got, so they would be ready to put in the dresser and for Ezra's arrival. My mom made me some Ezra letters, and gave me a race car piggy bank. I am almost done getting his room ready and when I am done I will post some picture of my accomplishments! 
I finally thought of a name for our blog once Ezra comes, 
"Two guys, Three Girls Living In Cheney" 
hey it's fun and it is more exciting than just "The Mason Five!"

1 comment:

NaDell said...

I like your new blog name. I really liked that "Two guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place" (before they dropped the Pizza Place in the title).
We had a lovely time at your baby shower and it was great to meet your friends.