Monday, August 8, 2011

Silverwood!

Are you ready for a picture overload? Well ready or not, here it comes.
We don't go to many amusement parks and so when we do there is bound to be a lot of pictures to show!
We left Saturday morning the 6th at 9. We arrived at Silverwood around 11. We got out loaded the girls in the stroller and walked in. I left the towels in the car because they didn't fit in my back pack (later when we went to the swimming area... Dave couldn't find out car to get the towels). We meet my parents and I immediately took Sami on a ride. Me being excited because of course this is my favorite thing in the world, I didn't think about what this ride entailed... needless to say... I didn't know it did this. My dad went with us as well... but he road with some girl so she could go... This is the "Trabant"!
These pictures are towards the end... but Sami was trying to get out... she did not like it at all!
After the Trabant we took the girls on the Antique car ride... and Sami and Dave drove and me and Daphne sat in the back...
Than we got in line and waited forever for the "Log Flume" we went as a family and my sister n law took these wonderful pictures for us!
This is right after we got squirted.
After this we went and had lunch. I shared chicken strips and fries with the girls and Dave had a hot dog. Than I took off with Andy, Jason, my dad and cousin Becky to hit the grown-up rides.
First we went on... "Timber Terror" I would have preferred "Tremors" but apparently that line was longer... Than they talked me into "Aftershock" and talk about the scariest thing I have ever done in my life. My body is still sore from stiffening I am not a fan of rides where I dangle in the air and my legs are free... I screamed bloody murder on that ride and was so scared out of my wits I didn't go on it again!
Meanwhile... Dave hung with the kids... he is not a ride fan... and had a good time. They went on the "Tiny Tot roller coaster" and apparently had a great time.
Than they played in the trees and logs...
Grandma and Grandpa took the kids and we went on the "Thunder Canyon" needless to say... we all had a blast. It was Me, Dave, Andy, Jason and Becky...
"Flying Elephants"
"Carousel"
"Steam Engine Train"
Yes, that is how wet Dave got on "Thunder Canyon" We were a foot deep in water with our feet and all 9 of the people on the boat were soaked from there waist down, and the back of there shirt as well... After we got done with "Thunder Canyon" Dave went to join up with the rest for the train ride, while me and Andy and Becky and Jason hit up "The Corkscrew" twice, and the "Scrambler" than we went over and waited for them to finish there train ride. Than we had promised Sami we would go to "Boulder Canyon" and so we did. It was around 5 or so when we went and so it wasn't very warm, the water was freezing. I took her down a slide and we got soaked, and than I went down a slide to show her how fun... it was freezing. We talked her into leaving and we left the park and headed home.
Me and Dave's clothes were still so soaked that we wore our swim suits home. We stopped at McDonalds and indulged in Double Cheeseburgers and there new strawberry cream cheese parfaits.. delcious. We had the strawberry cream pies for breakfast... Love them! The girls had a blast and Sami slept through dinner!
It's about an hour and half from home and so when we got home I ran into Safeway to grab some dinner for our crock pot and we came home. I took a nice warm bath to warm up, and the girls were in bed by 8:30. It was a fun day. Wished it would not have been so crowded but it was fun. I would love to go again, with people that don't get sick on rides! Oh well it was a blast!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

We had a great time there with you guys! I wondered how long you lasted at the water park side.