Thursday, June 30, 2011

Parent's 40th Anniversary Party

My parents 40th Anniversary was June 25 as well as there oldest grand childs birthday, Blake he turned 15. (I also have a good friend, who's birthday was also the same day)
Well we came into town Thursday morning and all my siblings were there and there kids. All of them live in town except me an Dave and my oldest sister Cindy and her family... all 8 of them...
Torrie went around Saturday putting up balloons and streamers... that was her contribution.
Cindy organized family pictures and ordered and purchased the cake
Suzie blew up some pictures of my parents when they were first married
and I made them a huge scrapbook of all the pictures of the property and NaDell contributed a lot to it. It was a group effort.
Saturday we all got together at my mom's and invited the aunts and uncles and grandparents over for some fancy steak my dad made on his wood pellet stove, it was great until later. I don't digest red meat well.
All the cousins played...
And the adults and kids played corn hole. Daphne had a great time with it as well.
The great cake we had... oh so yummy!
Trying to get Dave to smile...
Finally... what's with my bangs... no clue!
My cutie kids... posing...
Re-creating in a pathetic way our engagement shot... wow we are so different now... I'm overweight and Dave's skinny but whimpy!
After the party we took down the streamers and the kids used them to be ninja's... it was funny!
THe only way I enjoy taking pictures with a kid on my lap while I'm sitting down...
Some of the family pictures we took, were horrid and I am on a diet now... a very strict diet!
The older kids and me and Torrie played a lot of 'nurts' it was a blast... Daphne took a liking to this wooden horse and carried it around for a bit until Grandpa confiscated it from her.
We also on Thursday hit up the new water park which was extremely windy and let the kids play.
And had lunch at Carl's Jr on Friday...
Daphne wanted to play Uno with the big girls... pretty funny!
Well it was a good weekend and we might go to Silver wood in August so that will be fun! Love my family!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

We had a fun time with everybody! I got some good pictures of your girls, but Andy took the cds I made to your parent's house, so once I get them, I'll send yours to you.