Random pictures... I didn't take much on the 4th but my mom did and so I will have to grab some of her pictures... This is Sami of course, playing in the dirt... I love her 4th of July outfit it was a hand me down... gotta love those. The shorts were super big but the shirt was adorable...
We didn't do much that day. That morning I went over to my Mom's house to clean (which is what I do every Saturday morning) and than grabbed some things for her than came home than about noon we finally got on the road and were up at the property by 2:00 or so... we were the last ones there I felt pretty bad but last time we were the first ones there and so oh well.. we stayed through lunch than a bit longer. I am getting so tired these days (I don't know why) and so we cut out after about 2 hours or so... I was so tired and got way dehydrated on the way back. We stopped in Toppenish which is basically the half way point and I got some candy and that pepped me up along with the water I drank. We took my cousin Kurt home to my parents house since he had, had enough camping for one weekend and so we had extra baggage in our car... we are really gonna feel it when we get 4 bodies in that car all the time but we will make it work as long as possible.
When we got home, we just vegged out and recovered from the hott day in the sun... and traveling the 4 hours round trip. With a pleasant child half way on the way back. I crashed on the couch and watched "Leatherheads" Dave hit the books. I got Sami ready for bed and around 7:30 she climbed on me and laid there wanting to go to sleep. I than put her in bed and I went to bed falling asleep listening to the fireworks, apparently West Richland got the go ahead on any use of fireworks and since we live out here that included everything west of us... so it was interesting.
My biggest pet peeve lately is when my daughter insists on playing in the bathroom. I am sorry but the bathroom is not a place for children to play. My nieces know this well because when they come over I monitor there bathroom time, one just gets into no good playing in a bathroom. But I can't keep my daughter out. Closing bathroom doors is a constant reminder in our house and shutting toilet lids. But I took this picture one night while I was on the computer and she was in the bathroom right next to me in our bedroom. That bag is my bag of nail polish and as you can see she has one of my head bands on her head... so cute I couldn't resist the picture opt. As I titled this blog entry "Mason Family Update" I better get on with it telling you what the update is. David had been going back in forth between art and computer science until Feb or March after the convention.. and has since decided that Art school is the decision. So one night he got to work and looked up what schools would fall in his options for specific degree of interests and we came out with 2 choices to choose between. One being BYU and the other being PNCA Pacific Northwest College of Art in Portland. I gave him my feel on the subject since I would the one being home with the kids while he is attending school away from my family no matter where we went and so he heard what I had to say and than on our last temple trip prayed about it and felt very strongly for PNCA.
So yesterday on our 2 hour drive up Sami fell asleep and we started talking. It was such a good talk we honestly don't have a lot of serious future talks because for so long it's just been what it is but now the end is in sight at CBC and so we talked about it because that is what couples should do. To make a long story short and to cut out a lot of our personal decisions, by next Spring we will be in Portland, attending school. I am excited to live in Portland since it is so pretty there, won't like the rain much but It's worth it to not have to move to Utah so far away from both our families with our little girls. So moving there will be a big fun change but that just means that we will have to take some trips out there to get things figured out but that will be fun, this is all exciting. I am so excited for my husband to continue his education and go for what he wants to go into. My husband has such amazing art skills and ever since I started dating him I have been impressed that he is wasting his talent if he doesn't use it seriously. So here we go...
As we find more and more about this school our time of departure from the good ol Tri-Cities will be made more apparent but I put a foot down and said I am not moving until this baby is born, I already have to move into an apartment but that's better than a new city...
Take Care... all and wish us luck with all the future decisions we get to make with this new venture!
No comments:
Post a Comment